Sunday, May 22, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORRISSEY!


I don't know what it is, maybe the pompadoured hair in your youth...


...the smooth vocal stylings, your looks combined with lyrical genius. The way you spoke to all those unsatisfied,frustrated teens looking for someone that understood their devastating lost loves, crushes, desires...whatever it is, you got it..and I am sending you a virtual Happy Birthday. You are on my Desert Island list, and that is a bigger compliment than any ol' cheezy award on some awards show anyday in my book.




The times I got to see him live in concert were some of the best shows, of course all the flying flowers, glitter gold lame' shirts, drunk crying desperate young men crashing through the crowds to get his attention and touch his hand..all part of the full effect that should be experienced at least once in your life. You feel the crazy love the second the show starts.
Love you.



Music of the day: see above, Jesus and Mary Chain, the Cure (retro 80's day)
food of the day: dining on a monster burrito big as my head with a good friend.
mood of the day: I suspect after the burrito I shall be passing out.. hee hee

No comments: